How To Get The Right Power Bank For Your Needs
With the needs of this day and age, technology is a must have. A phone is almost as essential to us just as water or air is. With this ever growing need of having this gadget, the need arises for other devices to keep them going all day. Our phone batteries are made to run out of charge and with no option left, we are constantly left with no means of communication. Well, manufacturers have come up with a way to keep us connected even when this happens.
The solution is simple — a power bank.
It was invented in early 2003 by a technician in dire need for constant charge to take him through his busy work day. He came up with the concept of a device that can store power for use in phones when they run out of charge. Though they did not, however, gain popularity until late 2011, these devices are now found in most stores in all shapes, sizes, color and power carrying capacity.
Some very popular ones are Anker Astro 5200mAh; Xiaomi 10,000mAh (made by the 4th largest Smartphone manufacturer) and Bolt power D28 400. Power banks are not only used on phones, but also on PSP’s, iPads and iPods as shown below.
This is the Anker Astro 5200mAh charging two devices at the same time.
Charging and using a power bank
Charging a power bank is relatively easy. All you have to do is plug them into the main power supply and you are good to go. Once fully charged it can generate power to fully charge two phones, tablets or whatever other device intended.
Above is the bolt power D28 400. It is the first power bang made that can jump start cars.
Using it is also easy as ABC, just plug the USB cable into the power bank and the rear end of your device and charging will commence immediately.
Importance of power banks
There are a couple reasons why each of us should have one of these devices.
- Keep you connected, always. Frankly, there is nothing better than being able to stay connected to your phone and keep in constant touch with the world. Stuff happens all the time and it is best to always be online so as to be updated on what is happening all around us.
- Save us on rainy days. We all go through a lot and being stuck up is as common as rain in the fall. We may find ourselves in a situation where we need urgent help and if your phone is off, then little or nothing can be achieved. With the help of a power bank you can get your phone up and running in no time and get all the help you need.
- Entertainment. People have grown so attached to devices that, entertain them. They are however made in certain ways that their charge might run out. A power bank will ensure this never happens. Even when your phone runs out of power, you can simply connect it to a power bank and get back to YouTube, Facebook and all other sites there are.
Why you should get a power bank;
- They are affordable, reasonably priced.
- Have a long lifespan
- They can charge multiple devices at the same time.
- They are portable
- Compatible with all phone brands.
In all honesty, a powerbank is a life saver. I would advise a few weeks saving for this gadget and I promise it is worth it. You can go ahead and thank me later.