The rise of social media channels and video-sharing sites such as YouTube has led to the growth of outdoor sports. The result of this is that every extreme sports and even amateurs are cramming to get action camera. As a basic accepted rule, action cameras are small in size and lightweight. To further make them easier to work with they are also wearable or mountable, and most are also waterproof.
Shoot and action!
Unlike the conventional camcorders which are bulky, action cameras manufacturers have invested substantially on their portability. This is not all; more and more action cameras are focusing on reducing size while also upping up their performance regarding frame rates and resolution.
When it comes to resolution most action cameras are classified into either 4K, 1080P (true HD) and 720P. Basically what this means is that a 4K ( what is 4k read here : link ) camera will shoot video at a horizontal resolution of 4096 pixels and a vertical resolution on the order of 2160 pixels. The result of this is that the captured video will be displayed on at least 8 million pixels on any ultra-high definition (UHD) display; this gives a highly immersive video stream that is also ultra-clear. On the other hand, 1080P technologies incorporate video captured at 1920 pixels horizontal and 1080 pixels’ vertical resolution. While it might be lower than UHD, the video quality will still be sharp and still appear better than the standard 720P display.
Of course, resolution alone cannot be used to rank action cameras; you will have to consider other factors such as framerate which is calculated in terms of frames per second (FPS). Other factors are Lens type, battery size, control apps and wireless connectivity and last and most important being price. Well, let’s get to it;
Here are the top 10 action cameras under 100$
- 1 Here are the top 10 action cameras under 100$
- 1.1 10. Lightdow LD4000 1080P HD Sports Action Camera
- 1.2 9. Levin Action Camera 2.0 Inch 170 Degree Ultra-Wide Angle Lens
- 1.3 8. Alolli HD Sports Action Camera Kit -2.0
- 1.4 7. APEMAN Action Camera 14MP FHD 1080P Wi-Fi Waterproof Sports Camera 2.0
- 1.5 6. Sport Action Camera 4K Ultra HD 30fps Wifi Waterproof Cam DV Camcorder SONY Sensor 16MP 170 Degree Wide Angle 2 inch LCD Screen
- 1.6 5. APEMAN Action Camera, 12 MP Full HD 1080P.
- 1.7 4. APEMAN Action Camera Full HD 1080P Waterproof Action Cam LCD Screen 170 Ultra Wide-Angle.
- 1.8 3. AKASO EK7000 4K WIFI Sports
- 1.9 2. Campark ACT74 Action Cam 16MP 4K Wi-Fi
- 1.10 1. iJoy Arise 1080p Waterproof Action
10. Lightdow LD4000 1080P HD Sports Action Camera
- Offers excellent shooting capabilities at a fair price.
- Comes in a variety of colors to suit your style.
- Has both micro HDMI port and micro USB port for fast data transfer.
- Has a waterproofed casing that is also shock-proof.
- Can record up to 5-8 hrs. On a single charge.
- Requires you to have an external SD card for storage
- Does not support 60FPS video at its default 1080P
- The zoom function on any video has a grainy look on it.
9. Levin Action Camera 2.0 Inch 170 Degree Ultra-Wide Angle Lens
- Supports both PC pairing and also smartphone support for easier picture sharing.
- Supports up to 12M (4000*3000) and 10M (3672*2754) image resolutions.
- Has multiple shooting modes.
- The casing is waterproofed with up to 30M submersion
- Wireless control capability allows you to view and share images on the go.
- Limited battery capacity with only 900mAh.
- The camera is a heavy power user with a battery working life of about 1080P/80min.
- The battery does not support quick charge function and will take about 3hrs for a full charge.
8. Alolli HD Sports Action Camera Kit -2.0
- Has fast and powerful photo capturing capability with up to 30FPS.
- Comes with two years’ free return policy and replacement warranty.
- Extremely lightweight weighing at only 0.06 kg net weight.
- Supports expandable memory of up to 32GB TF card.
- Comes with a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 900mAh.
- Does not support Wi-Fi connectivity.
- The battery runs out of juice pretty quickly.
- The wide angle is not really that wide as it only supports up to 120 degrees.
7. APEMAN Action Camera 14MP FHD 1080P Wi-Fi Waterproof Sports Camera 2.0
- Comes with two batteries that will allow you to have all the fun without having to worry about recharging anytime soon.
- The 30m diving level will allow you to shoot perfect videos while swimming or surfing.
- Comes with a mini HDMI port for quick content transfer.
- Comes with support gadgets such as helmet base, bandage, ribbon, and a 3M adhesive tape.
- Each battery takes about 3 hours to fully charge therefore which is too slow considering you have to juice up both batteries.
- You must reset the time every time the batteries are charged.
6. Sport Action Camera 4K Ultra HD 30fps Wifi Waterproof Cam DV Camcorder SONY Sensor 16MP 170 Degree Wide Angle 2 inch LCD Screen
In comes our first ultra-high definition shooter. Unlike the previous four action cameras which were developed to record up to 1080P, this one takes a step up. Packing an IMAX179A sensor that will ensure all your images are crystal clear, this action cam will shoot 4K video at 30FPS, 2.7K at 30FPS, 1080P at a whopping 60FPS with the 720P clocking at a staggering 120FPS.
- Has multiple video shooting capabilities from4K to 720P.
- Comes with two batteries with 90 minutes’ recharge time.
- The camera is wireless enabled for real-time content transfer.
- The expandable memory is up to 64GB which is more than enough for a whole days’ worth of shooting.
- Has six glass + IR lens with 170 degrees’ fish eye wide angle.
- Captures high-quality images with up to 16MP.
- The buttons are thin and hard to operate
- You will need to buy a helmet cam mount separately as it is not included in the package.
5. APEMAN Action Camera, 12 MP Full HD 1080P.
- Fair price regarding its total performance.
- Variable picture resolutions up to 12MP.
- Comes with a support package with required tools.
- The battery can only last 90 minutes of recording time.
- It’s not equipped with wireless control.
4. APEMAN Action Camera Full HD 1080P Waterproof Action Cam LCD Screen 170 Ultra Wide-Angle.
In comes another APEMAN, clearly this is the company to be on the lookout for when it comes to this segment. This new variant features a full HD 1080P recording capability, and in case you need a lesser detailed recording the camera will also shoot at 720P WVGA. Regarding the image quality, the camera will easily take great pictures at 12 megapixels.
Other features include a water-resistant case which is lagged to withstand harsh environmental conditions. The camera comes with a 1050mAh detachable battery which should provide enough power for a few hours of video recording. The package will also arrive with the usual APEMAN contents and a wiper for cleaning the lens
- Offers up to 120 minutes of recording.
- Has a 170 degrees wide angle lens which will give an excellent fisheye record.
- The package comes with supporting tools.
- External memory is capped at 32GB which is somewhat less.
- The battery takes 3 hours to fully charge, which is a lot of time.
3. AKASO EK7000 4K WIFI Sports
- Has remote control capabilities for easier handling.
- Allows you to edit and share your footage on the go using its supporting smartphone apps.
- Multiple photo capturing modes such as lapse, burst, and single shots.
- Two batteries to provide all of the required juice.
- Comes with support tools such as stands.
- The frame rate is capped to a maximum 30FPS.
2. Campark ACT74 Action Cam 16MP 4K Wi-Fi
The video footage is at an incredible 4K Ultra HD with up to 30FPS while the 170 degrees’ lens will ensure that you don’t miss anything in the background. While the 64Gb SD support will ensure that you never run out of space during action shooting.
To sweeten the deal, even more, the campark comes with WIFI connectivity of up to 10 meters: this will allow you to connect it to your smartphone for remote control and also real-time video and photo sharing. The waterproofing case will allow you to take your action camera with you into the water up to 30M submersion.
- Comes with WIFI support and remote control.
- Has multiple recording modes.
- The casing is waterproofed with up to 30M submersion.
- Has both micro HDMI port and micro USB for fast data transfer.
- Has a waterproofed casing that is also shock-proof.
- The battery can only last for 90mins of 4K video recording
1. iJoy Arise 1080p Waterproof Action
The camera comes with all of the usual action camera features such as waterproofing and lagged case. But it goes a step further to add temperature resilience: it will survive temperatures as low as -40F and all the way to 130F. The accessories included in the package are micro USB cable, mounting buckle, head strap and camera clips.
- Affordable in terms of price and performance.
- Excellent extreme temperature resistance.
- Multiple shooting modes.
- Does not support wireless control.
- Lacks Ultra HD capability.
Thanks for attention!
See you soon.