Founded in the year of 2013, AKASO is dedicated to their clients doing everything necessary for the improvement of their lives. They have committed their enthusiastic works to ensure the abundance of enrichment in your daily essentiality. One of the latest products this brand has launched is a dash camera with model name AKASO D2000. This product has already drawn much attention of the car enthusiasts with its amazing features.
During the recent years, the Dashboard / Dash Camera (or Dash Cam in short) has gained a lot of popularity. The main reason behind the immense and increasing popularity of dash cameras are the diversified advantages they provide you with. You can simply mount a camera of this kind on the indicator panel aka dashboard of your automobile. These are developed with a purpose for recording both images and sounds inside the vehicle and the outside surroundings while it is being driven.
Key characteristics of AKASO D2000 car dashcam
- Impressive video quality: Full HD 1920x1080P videos, 12 MP camera, Advanced Sony sensors shoot thirty frames/ second.
- 3 Inch LCD vibrant color screen for brighter and sharper display. File formats: Videos-MOV, Images-JPG.
- A broader angle of view: 170-degree super wide-angle allows the camera to monitor 4 lanes effortlessly.
- Accident lock in case of emergency: the Gravity-sensor triggers this lock to detect a collision. This sensor enables the camera to lock unexpected incident on videos automatically.
- Parking monitoring facility: with the help of motion detector and parking monitor, the camera starts recording automatically in case of any intruder tries to hit the vehicle (requires uninterrupted power supply).
- Night vision facilitated with WDR function: the brightness of the driving surroundings can be adjusted just by switching on the WDR function. It enables auto-adjustment to capture perfect Full HD 1080p video footage in dark environment.
- Loop recording facility: limitless storage from the memory card is provided through this loop recording option. Once the memory card storage is full, the equipment allows the camera to automatically overwrite the earliest recorded footages.
- Product weight: 4.6 ounces, Product Dimension: 7.3 x 5.5 x 2.6 inches.
- Power supply system: Built-in 180 mAh battery (1 Lithium Polymer battery required).
- Expandable memory with memory card: High-Speed Class 10 Micro SD card.
This dash camera misses a number plate of the surrounding areas. The latest sensors from Sony (Rova NT 96650) give AKASO D2000 super HD quality video recording during both day and night time. The professional camera lens made of 100% glass material with 6 distinctive layers provides a clearer and dynamic view of the leading highway while driving. It has three different video resolutions- 1080 FHD, 1080 Pixels, 720 Pixels. Images can be captured with varied pixel qualities too, 12M pixels, 10M pixels, 8M pixels, 5M pixels, etc.
You get a wider view of the enclosing area with the camera’s 170-degree movable angle-lens. Synchronously, four lanes are covered due to this broader angle with much ease. It allows you to view all of the surrounded location giving you a much more secure driving experience. The DVR of the vehicle gets up and initiates automated video recording right away when the vehicle’s ignition is started. The WDR technology lets the camera capture clear videos even in low brightness. By adjusting the light in low-light conditions effectively, it gives high-quality rectification during the night while driving on dark roads.
AKASO D2000 has essential emergency possibilities. The unique Gravity-sensor locks the camera automatically in case of collision or accidental emergency. This feature can certainly help to address accident and distinguish responsibility if someone attempts to damage your car. The parking monitor and motion detector assist in both smooth parking and to detect and harmful movement in the surroundings.
The camera also supports microphone/speakers to record not only the image but also the sound all around the vehicle. It has several screen saver options such as- off, one minute, three minutes, five minutes, etc. It has a mini USB port that supports USB 2.0. The recorded videos can be played on both the computer and the camera itself.
What Is Included In The Box
The product comes with the following packing list:
- AKASO D2000 Dash Camera
- Car charger
- USB Power Cable
- Suction Cup and 3M Adhesive Mount (to mount the camera on the dashboard)
- Hardwire Kit
- Six Cable Clips
- User Manual
The brand provides a 12-month warranty on this product. Micro SD card is not included in the box for expandable memory. You can insert Micro SD card to expand memory up to 32 GB. A Samsung or SanDisk class 10 SD card is recommended for best results. With a 32 GB memory card, the camera can continuously record up to 5 hours. Moreover, AKASO also helps users who would like to read device’s manual on an e-book or just online instead of paper manuals. Thus, user manual for D2000 can be obtained from the AKASO website.
Pros of AKASO D2000
- Well-built, compact and lightweight design. The camera is suitable for all kinds of vehicles, starting from small private cars to huge tracks.
- It is one of the brightest & clearest looking dashcam screen at night. So, you can surely detect any license plate clearly once you upload any footage recorded in the camera.
- When collision and vibration are detected by the Gravity sensor, the camera will turn to record and lock the records in the memory card, avoid overwriting by next videos. It is used to keep video shreds of evidence when someone damages your vehicle intentionally or unintentionally while the vehicle is parked.
- With long-lasting battery life, it can work 10 minutes without being plugged in. It also supports almost all types of USB charger.
- Easy and simple screen saver settings– press Menu button twice to start system setting, press Down button to find Backlight mode, then you can select off/1 minute/3 minutes/5 minutes on this dash cam according to your need.
- 170 degree ultra wide-angle captures a sweeping view of the road and reduces blind spots to the lowest degree compared to all other dash cameras.
- The camera supports the use of HDMI cable to connect TV to watch pictures and video.
- A very reasonable price compared to other products of the same range.
Cons of AKASO D2000
- It does not support WiFi or mobile control. It has no wireless control system as well.
- Minimal useful instructions on the user manual and camera menu, making it a tough task to install and handle properly. There is not much information on Micro SD card orientation either.
- The sound recording picks up clattering noises on anything but a smooth road, apparently caused due to the for motion detection that captures every tiny detail of movement in the surroundings.
From the professional point of view, AKASO D2000 Dash Camera is a good investment of your precious money. Based on customers demand, review and top-rated support given by the company to their clients, Akaso is among the handful most popular action camera manufacturers. Additionally, starting from 2015 till now, this brand has been the one with the highest popularity on Amazon for developing security and action cameras.
It gets even better with the wave of positive reviews AKASO D2000 Dash Camera has received from numerous satisfied consumers to date. It gives great picture quality in day and low-light night driving. With the wide angle of view, it captures both sides of the road well providing you a solid feeling of safer driving experience at an amazing price.